We currently have two job vacancies listed below:
PRACTICE NURSE – 33.5 hours per week
We are looking for a professional, conscientious and highly effective Practice Nurse to join our friendly team in Botesdale. We are a rural GMS 9750 patient surgery with 4 Partners, 4 Salaried GPs and a fantastic clinical and practice team with an on-site Dispensary. We are located in a modern, recently extended surgery with community nurses located on site as well as an X-ray suite and glorious surrounding countryside.
To assist medical personnel in the care of practice patients, to include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education.
Duties and Responsibilities of Post
- Provide assessment, screening treatment, services and health education advice.
- Assist with the organisation and co-ordination of the provision of nursing services for the practice.
- Provide nursing treatment to patients in participation with general practitioners, using agreed protocols, including the taking of cervical smears.
- Provide general and specific health screening to the practice patients (within the agreed protocols) with referral to general practitioners as necessary.
- Be competent in administration of childhood immunisation and travel vaccination.
- Be competent and confident in managing people with long-term health conditions
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug-and nondrug-based treatment methods into a management plan.
- Work with patients in order to support compliance with, and adherence to, prescribed treatments.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication, medication regimes, side-effects and interactions
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care.
- Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children.
- Utilise and demonstrate sensitive communication styles, to ensure patients are fully informed and consent to treatment
- Recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct as regulated by the NMC
- Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of patient consultation, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes quality.
- Deliver care according to NSF, NICE guidelines and evidence-based care
- Maintain and control injectable and oral drug stocks in the treatment room and doctors surgeries.
- Advise manager regarding health and safety aspects. Pathological specimens and investigatory procedures
- Undertake the collection of pathological specimens, including intravenous blood samples, swabs, smears, etc.
- Oversee the duties undertaken by the HCA and assist with training and mentoring as and when required.
- Prioritise own workload and ensure effective time-management strategies are embedded within the culture of the team.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded adequately on the computer.
- Assist in the formulation of practice philosophy, strategy and policy.
- Maintain continued education by attendance at courses and study days as deemed useful or necessary for professional development.
- Disseminate learning and information gained to other team members in order to share good practice and inform others about current and future developments (eg courses and conferences)
- Assess own learning needs and undertake learning as appropriate
- Staff must behave in a professional and discreet manner at all times.
- Patient and professional confidentiality is of prime importance. Any breach of confidentiality can result in immediate suspension/dismissal
- Staff must demonstrate due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Special interest in Diabetes
- Registered Prescriber
CVs to be sent to [email protected]
Closing Date: 4th April
NVQ Level 2/Trainee Dispensary Assistant
We are looking for a professional, highly effective Dispenser to join our friendly practice team. We are a rural GMS 9750 patient surgery with 4 Partners, 4 Salaried GPs and a fantastic clinical and practice team with an on-site Dispensary. We are located in a modern, recently extended surgery with community nurses located on site as well as an X-ray suite and glorious surrounding countryside.
You must possess good attention to detail, and produce work to the required standard whilst meeting deadlines. Confidentiality is paramount, therefore having a professional manner is essential and the successful candidate will be required to sign and abide by our confidentiality agreement.
Duties will include:
- Processing repeat prescription requests
- Dealing with enquires either face to face, or over the phone
- Assembling and dispensing medication
- Ordering stock
- Handing out prescriptions
- Ensuring payments are taken and processed for prescriptions / forms are completed correctly
- Excellent customer service skills.
- You will have first class communication skills both in writing and orally.
- Competent IT skills & experience of dispensing systems would be an advantage.
- You will be an NVQ2 qualified Dispenser or equivalent. We are also open to a trainee to put them through this qualification.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for the role, effectively work under pressure in a fast paced environment both independently and as part of a team.
- You must possess an eye for detail and absolute accuracy.
Job Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Part Time Position available – 26.5 hours per week + holiday and sickness cover (rostered across the team).
Current Hourly rate is £10.42 per hour (this will increase from 1st April).
Please send your CV to: [email protected] Closing Date: 4th April